NaNoWriMo ~ Day Two ~ 1711 words...

Day Two and 1,711 words down. I might do some more later, or not. See how I feel.

Yesterday I wrote 2,027 words of ramblings about being over 40 and still not knowing what I want to be when I grow up. No story has evolved from it so far but it’s nice just to write.

Inside Alzheimer's: How to Hear and Honor Connections with a Person who has DementiaToday I wrote about Dad, and his illness. He has Alzheimer's, and it's a cruel, heart breaking and soul destroying disease. Nothing like the fun thing as kids, we joked and laughed about how hilarious old people would loose their marbles and do stranger things.

It started with me telling about what it's like to have a dad with the disease and then ended with what I believe would be Dad's point of view on the matter. Which of course is only guessing but when you are so close to your Dad it's very easy to imagine what he's feeling inside. 

I like Nano. It gives me time to just be me and write what I want to write, freely.

It's interesting watching how Nano affects you. Today my word count dropped from yesterday and this happened the last few years I tried it too. I start off going great guns and then I drop away. Sometimes I completely give up. This year I want to keep going. This blog will tell the story. This year I'll have to try harder and hope that my busy life doesn't get too much in the way.

Are you doing Nano?

If you are, I'd love to hear about your experiences too.

Please respond via the comments below as I'd so love to hear how others are doing.

.
Post a Comment

Blog Archive