Writing ~ Will I ever get started today?


.
 .
“Many fine things can be done in a day if you don’t always make that day tomorrow.” 
~ Unknown ~


Today, I struggled getting my writing work done . 

I made up excuses for the first two hours and then realized what I was playing at, and the worst part about playing this nasty little game with yourself and putting off until tomorrow what you really should do today is, it makes you unhappy.

So, I decided instead of getting cranky with my computer, getting frustrated, hating myself and becoming de-motivated to the point of suicide that I'd break the cycle and go outside in the stinking heat and mulch the garden. It’s 32oC here on the farm today, (that’s around 90oF in northern-hemisphere speak). 

Before long, I’d completed a 3 meter square area that is, I'd  completely de-weeded, mulched, watered and squirted myself with the hose (that was invigorating and refreshing too). I had a creative play session similar to something you’d have done as a child, and I picked up mud and mulch whilst down on my hands and knees and squirting water happily along the concrete edging of the garden. Boy it was fun!

Then I came in and wrote this blog post.

SEE, never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. (Was it Thomas Jefferson who said that?)

That’s my little piece of writing advice for today. Tell me yours.

I hope you’ve had a good and productive writing day. I know I did.

Zak the writer.
Post a Comment