NaNoWriMo Over For Another Year ~ Words From A NaNoWriMo Dropout...

.
.
I like failure, it makes me feel human.

Only 13 102 words on my official NaNoWriMo word count this year. I think that might have been my worst effort ever on NaNoWriMo.

I struggled to juggle my away from home job, my at home job, my professional writing and editing course, various other interests (writing groups, volunteer work, etc) and sadly NaNoWriMo.

It's not all tears and beers though. I don't drink beer anyway it makes fall down. I seem to get the beer that has the faulty alcohol in it so I don't even try drinking beer anymore.

This year NaNoWriMo taught me it's okay to fail. 
It's okay to try and fail. 
It's okay to try, give up, and still fail.

The thing is, I enjoyed the process of trying to write 50 000 words in one month. I came up with some cool ideas for future works in my article writing, short stories and I wrote a small fun book entitled:

     "101 Ways To Call In Sick For Work... or 101 Reasons Why I Cant Come To Work Today or some title like that... 

Funny but the only time I dream of calling in sick is in November - go figure.

 
I've never been able to fake a "sickie" ever. My guilty conscience would eat me alive. This short book was inspired by actual people making phone calls mostly on Mondays and Fridays (go figure that too). I can't believe some of the things people take "sickies" for.

My favorite was "I can't come to work. I've fallen over and broken my face". Seriously, this actually happened and although it sounded like some made up excuse it actually was for real. The poor girl had to get stitches, microsurgery and everything on her lip.

SO there you go, NaNoWriMo over for one more year and I'm a NaNoWriMo Dropout, at least for this year anyway. 

Next year I'm gunna nail it...



Zak - Contemplating Navel.








photo credit: Monceau via photopin cc

Post a Comment