I wonder where this saying really did come from?
I know back in school which was a few days or so ago now, the kids used to take much glee in letting you know it was the first of the month with a nasty pinch and a decent punch into your arm! Then they'd exclaim, "pinch and a punch for the first of the month. White rabbit - no returns". Somehow this "white rabbit" was supposed to somehow stop you from returning the giver with the same.
Luckily I was usually the one giving pinches and punches so it didn't faze me too much. However, on those rare occasions that I did receive a pinch and a punch I was most indignant about it and usually retaliated.
What were your customs around this strange time of the month?
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2012 (74)
- ► 2011 (53)
- ► 2010 (76)
- Writing - Is Criticism a Good Thing?
- NaNoWriMo - Keep going - You can do it!
- NaNoWriMo - ARGH!! - Time Is Running Out!
- National Novel Writing Month - NanoWriMo - I'm stu...
- National Novel Writing Month - NanoWriMo - Get You...
- Writing & Getting Published - Check Your Work
- On Writing & Getting Published - Set Yourself A Ti...
- Thought-provoking titles
- Unique Voice - Writing (or finding your voice)
- Keeping your writing simple
- Pinch and a Punch for the First of the Month...
- ▼ November (11)