Keep your writing simple.
Many new writers think that writing is about impressing people with intelligent prose.
In fact, good writing is the opposite.
If you can convey your message without fancy wording you are more likely to get readers doing what you want them to do and that is to read your work.
Remember that writing is about getting others to understand what is in your mind. So keep it plain. Of course there is a time and a place for the excruciating intelligent works of art but in the mainstream it is better to let the reader know what it is you are trying to say:
Simply, keep it simple.
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2012 (74)
- ► 2011 (53)
- ► 2010 (76)
- Writing - Is Criticism a Good Thing?
- NaNoWriMo - Keep going - You can do it!
- NaNoWriMo - ARGH!! - Time Is Running Out!
- National Novel Writing Month - NanoWriMo - I'm stu...
- National Novel Writing Month - NanoWriMo - Get You...
- Writing & Getting Published - Check Your Work
- On Writing & Getting Published - Set Yourself A Ti...
- Thought-provoking titles
- Unique Voice - Writing (or finding your voice)
- Keeping your writing simple
- Pinch and a Punch for the First of the Month...
- ▼ November (11)