Sadly, NaNoWriMo, is rapidly convulsing, gasping and thrusting to its final heartbreaking end!
Yes, the wordiness and creating of unusual words; some that don’t even exist tends to exhibit itself towards the final week of NaNoWriMo. It’s a survival technique used by the "NaNoWriMo-Writer-ets" & "NaNoWriMo-Writer-eter-ist's" to help them guard themselves when they notice time ticking furiously and it seems mischievously, unabashedly designed to thwart them.
If you haven’t managed to raise your 50,000 words by now, then there's no nice way to say it; "you’d better pull-your-finger out and get to it!"
This year the NaNoWriMo project signed up over 200,000 young people in the Young Writers Program. What a great initiative to drag the young writers kicking and screaming into the world of being a writer.
At the time of writing the number of authors signed up for NaNoWriMo was over 164,000 with a total word count of 1, 448,554,647. Phew! That’s a lot of babbling.
It’s getting a bit too late to sign up, but not impossible. Here’s the link for you to have a peek or maybe even sign up! NaNoWriMoi'm-so-damned-late-but-I'm-here
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2012 (74)
- ► 2011 (53)
- ► 2010 (76)
- Writing - Is Criticism a Good Thing?
- NaNoWriMo - Keep going - You can do it!
- NaNoWriMo - ARGH!! - Time Is Running Out!
- National Novel Writing Month - NanoWriMo - I'm stu...
- National Novel Writing Month - NanoWriMo - Get You...
- Writing & Getting Published - Check Your Work
- On Writing & Getting Published - Set Yourself A Ti...
- Thought-provoking titles
- Unique Voice - Writing (or finding your voice)
- Keeping your writing simple
- Pinch and a Punch for the First of the Month...
- ▼ November (11)