What the heck it's the weekend, Let's Write!
What the heck it's the weekend...
The aim of Freewrite is to extend your writing abilities or simply get you WRITING.
Here's what you do:
Below is a picture. Don't look just yet.
After you check it out, grab your first thought. Don't analyze.
Now free write something inspired by the picture.
The rules [There are always rules with these exercises]
1. Don't think, WRITE!
2. NO Editing! (Do not even rewrite or correct typos).
3. The writing doesn't actually have to have anything to do with the picture below. Write where you're mind takes you. It might be totally unrelated.
4. Write for 10 minutes without stopping. (Set a TIMER)
5. Post your random thoughts in the comments section below. It can be long, short, happy, sad...
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
- ► 2013 (19)
- Writing Prompt: Write a Short Story Now...
- Have you written a novel? Here's your chance...
- Writing: Driving Me Blogging Crazy...
- Let's Just Write Something...
- Writing: What NOT to do as a Writer ~ Chuck Wendig...
- How important is spelling, grammar and typos?
- What happens in a writers (editors) day?
- What the heck it's the weekend, Let's Write!
- ▼ February (8)
- ► 2011 (53)
- ► 2010 (76)